Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup or 1⁄4 cup corn syrup or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Place syrup in bottom of pudding mold before adding batter.
- Prepare the cake mix with the egg and milk or water according to directions on package.
- Pour into a greased 2 to 2 1/2 qt pudding mold and cover with a lid, foil or greased double wax paper.
- NOTE: When cooking for smaller numbers, make up the whole cake mix as directed, put pour only half the cake batter into a 1 1/2 qt mold and steam for 1 hour.
- Alternately, fill in- dividual molds and steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Bake remaining cake batter.