Quick Mix Steamed Chocolate Pudding
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Prepare the cake mix with the egg and milk or water according to directions on
- package. Pour into a greased 2 to 2 1/2 qt pudding mold and cover with a lid, foil or greased double wax paper.
- Place the mold in a sauce pan of boiling water and the level of the water half way up mold during cooking.
- Steam for 1 1/2 hours.
- Unmold the pudding while hot and serve with cream, ice cream, or custard.
- NOTE: When cooking for smaller numbers, make up the whole cake mix as directed, put pour only half the cake batter into a 1 1/2 qt mold and steam for 1 hour.
- Alternately, fill individual molds and steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Bake remaining cake batter.