These are so easy to make..no rubbing in of the butter...just melt and mix! Serve with the traditional strawberry jam and butter ...or how about trying them with honey or golden syrup. Makes 8-10 scones These are not a gluten free scone. I usually double the recipe to make scones
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt your butter and set aside.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Or you can add them to a large mixing bowl and aerate with a whisk.
- Slowly add the milk and butter to the flour. Work the milk and butter in with a knife using a cutting action.
- Do not knead the dough.
- Place on a lightly floured tray and gently roll to about 5cm thick. Cut with a 5 cm scone cutter or the top of a narrow glass.
- Place close together on a baking tray and lightly brush the tops with a little extra milk.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.