Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so easy to make..no rubbing in of the butter...just melt and mix! Serve with the traditional strawberry jam and butter ...or how about trying them with honey or golden syrup. Makes 8-10 scones These are not a gluten free scone. I usually double the recipe to make scones
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt your butter and set aside.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Or you can add them to a large mixing bowl and aerate with a whisk.
- Slowly add the milk and butter to the flour. Work the milk and butter in with a knife using a cutting action.
- Do not knead the dough.
- Place on a lightly floured tray and gently roll to about 5cm thick. Cut with a 5 cm scone cutter or the top of a narrow glass.
- Place close together on a baking tray and lightly brush the tops with a little extra milk.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LVE THESE! So simple to make and made them at home and at mom's house as well. Served at home with homemade blueberry jame and melted butter......glutton that I am , and at mom's served with warmed honey. These are so simple to make I can make them for a Sunday at the cottage and everyone can be impressed LOL. Jubes, you did me in with these as I can eat the whole batch myself! Thank you (I think) LOL Made for AUS/NZ Swap Oct 2011
I loved these! Both for the taste and how easy they were to make. Mine didn't come out very pretty because my daughter kept distracting me and I had to shape them softly by hand. They were delicious and I will be making these regularly. Thank you Jubes!! MAde for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6.
Mmmm, what a YUMMY SCONES recipe!!!! I made it for breakkie today and was amazed at how quick and easy everything went together. The dough was very easy to work with and the final product tasted sooooooo good! The only change I made was to use whole spelt flour instead of the ordinary so that my scones turned out a bit flatter and more dense than the ones in the pic, but thats fine with me. They still were super yummy! Thanks so much for sharing this tasty treat with us, Jubes! Made and reviewed for Edn8: Make my recipe Tag Game.