Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My son loves chocolate so I make a lot of chocolate baking when he comes to visit.This recipe came from a Kraft booklet I got in 1996
- Heat oil and the 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate in a 9-inch square pan in 375°F oven for 4 minutes, until melted.
- Add water, sugar, egg, flour, salt, and soda.
- Beat with a fork until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts and remaining chips.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Loved this cake. It is so chocolatey, moist and delicious and simple to prepare. I skipped the nuts and mixed everything in a bowl rather than in the pan just to be sure everything was incorporated. The cake was done in 25 minutes and I set it out to cool until the kids got home from school. They both thought it was marvelous. There is a thread over in the Desserts Forum for weekday desserts that are simple and quick to prepare. I am going over there next to plug your recipe. Thx for sharing this Nora Marie, it is going in the favourites file.
This was sooo easy to make and it smelled really good while it was baking! DD and I could hardly wait until it cooled, we are both chocoholics : ) Thanks for posting this tasty recipe! Made for ZWT4.
These are so quick and easy to make. It makes a nice rich dessert that any chocoholic would love. I didn't add the nuts and my kids don't like them. This is a dessert I will make again. Made for ZWT4 Zingo.