Recipe by NoraMarie
My son loves chocolate so I make a lot of chocolate baking when he comes to visit.This recipe came from a Kraft booklet I got in 1996
Top Review by mums the word
Loved this cake. It is so chocolatey, moist and delicious and simple to prepare. I skipped the nuts and mixed everything in a bowl rather than in the pan just to be sure everything was incorporated. The cake was done in 25 minutes and I set it out to cool until the kids got home from school. They both thought it was marvelous. There is a thread over in the Desserts Forum for weekday desserts that are simple and quick to prepare. I am going over there next to plug your recipe. Thx for sharing this Nora Marie, it is going in the favourites file.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces bakers unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (300 g) package BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and the 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate in a 9-inch square pan in 375°F oven for 4 minutes, until melted.
- Add water, sugar, egg, flour, salt, and soda.
- Beat with a fork until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts and remaining chips.
- Bake 30 minutes.