Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use this for anything that needs Bisquik-biscuits, waffles, etc. Our family loves camping and this is definitely one of the food items I take. Also use for Apple Pancakes With Apple Syrup.
- Use a huge bowl.
- Mix together.
- Package up and store at room temperature.
- Waffle recipe for 3 people----2 1/2 cups quick mix, 2 eggs beaten, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 1/2 cups milk or water. Blend well. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. I love to take this recipe when we go camping b/c it can be made with water instead of milk and some of our camping places are very remote. Milk is better but sometimes --. When making banana waffle bread pudding add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to dry for each 6 waffles.
- I have not tried this yet, but saw idea at Yoplait and we always have yogurt around--Fruit Yogurt Pancakes--2 cups quick mix, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 6 ounces of any fruit yogurt.
- Biscuits for 2 people-- Melt in microwave 2 T. unsalted butter in 4 cup microwave safe bowl, add 3/4 cup of quick mix, 2 1/2 T. milk, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar (optional) and, 1/8 t. garlic powder. Bake on cookie sheet (not greased) at 450 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Apple Spice Waffles: 2 cups mix, 2 t. sugar, 2 t. cinnamon, 1 t. nutmeg, 2 eggs, 1 1/2°C milk, 6 T. butter melted, 1°C chopped peeled apple but wait until other ingredients are together. 2 bowls one for dry ingredients, other bowl for liquid. Stir dry into wet, add apple. Makes about 10. Freeze leftovers.
- Ham Cheddar Biscuits-20 biscuits- 2 1/4 QM, 3/4°C Milk, 3/4°C Cheddar shredded, 1/2°C Ham, chopped. Mix QM and milk. Stir in cheese and ham. Drop by tablespoons onto GREASED baking sheet. Bake 450 for 8 minutes. Or try recipe#372502.
- Dumplings for soup--- recipe#269611.
- Two Individual cobblers--heat filling, mix together 1/2 cup quick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Put hot filling into two greased 8 oz. containers, drop cobbler mixture onto filling, bake at 400 for 18 to 22 minutes, or is golden brown.
EASY-TO-MAKE & SO ECONOMICAL, too ~ What more could you want in times like these! This will certainly be kept on hand around here, especially during my winter holiday baking! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
I have never bought Bisquick and don't plan on buying this. But I'll make this quick mix anytime. I did Bisquick Danish and it is delicious. I like the results. And I did half the recipe for now. Thanks WiGal. Made for 123 hit wonders
Wonderful substititute for Bisquick! I made biscuits with it. Just added milk.