Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I saw this recipe on a television cooking show, and it seemed to easy to work. It does work and is delicious.
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- Grease a microwave pudding dish
- Place golden syrup into bottom of the pudding dish.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar well.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add flour slowly.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour batter on top of the golden syrup.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 7 1/2 minutes on medium .
Unfortunately had to make this on short notice, so didn't have time to check against other recipes. The pudding was flat and tough. Barely rose at all. I was a little concerned at the time that there was no liquid other than the eggs. Having now looked at other recipes they all call for milk, so not sure if this was left off accidentally
I watched this show too and this is great! I am so happy someone posted this recipe as it is soooo easy and fail proof. My 6 year old loves this with cream, so do I! Thanks for posting Rosie.
It sure does work and well too ! I used wholemeal flour even and it still worked ! What a winner !