Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple if you are in the mood for cobbler or apple crisp- you just take whatever canned fruit you have and top it with kashi go lean crunch or instant oatmeal - looks like you've spent hours on it :)
- Mix all ingredients except for instant oatmeal or kashi go lean crunch cereal into a 9x9 microwave safe glass casserole dish and microwave for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Take out of microwave after 15 minutes and let stand for a few moments until slightly cooled and beginning to thicken, then top with your choice of kashi go lean crunch cereal or instant oatmeal.
- (just a note - if you choose the oatmeal you may wish to brown it in the oven on broil for a few moments so that it doesn't get instantly soggy - to do this, mix it with some butter and pour onto top of fruit mixture,then put into oven on middle rack and check on regularly until it crisps up nice and golden brown.
- The Kashi is nice if you wish to serve it right away (kashi doesn't re-microwave very nicely so only use if you are eating that same night or re-heat in the oven the next day for a hot dish).
- Add cream or milk and enjoy!
A really quick and easy recipe that makes everyone think you slaved all day in the kitchen. Easy to add and change up. I used canned apricots and in light syrup and added dried cherries and used 1/2 the white sugar. The instant oatmeal topping was prepared and broiled, but I used Apple cinnamon, cinnamon and maple brown sugar 'cause that was all that I had. The family was pleasantly surprised.