Recipe by Oolala
I think this is from a magazine. It is a shortcut recipe since it is made with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Top Review by DogAndCatDoc
This was good and very quick to make. My only complaint (shared by my husband) was that it was a little too rich. I think next time I would halve the chocolate and also reduce the red pepper flakes to 1/4 tsp to make a little more child friendly...it was quite spicy! But overall the flavors were interesting and are worth a repeat performance.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into chunks (or chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil on medium heat until tender.
- Add meat; cook and stir on high heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add 1/2 cup water and the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Serve with 2 cups of rice.