Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a quick on the road recipe to serve as a soup or sauce over meat and baked or over pasta, potatoes or rice. For kids cut out the cayenne pepper and no bottled pepper sauce.
- 2 (850.48 g) canhunt Mexican-style tomatoes
- 304.75 g can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 118.29 ml water
- 113.39 g canmild diced green chilies
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml dried cilantro
- 236.59 ml diced onion (optional)
- 473.18 ml milk
- bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large Saucepan, add all ingredients except the milk.
- Simmer, then add milk to mix in and heat, do not boil.
- Serve as a soup with tortilla Chips.
- Pour over pork chops in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- Pour over browned beef stew meat in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- Pour over chicken breasts in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- Note: For any of the roaster dishes you may add mushrooms, diced green peppers, or peeled and cubed sweet potatoes and diced onions if you prefer.
- When you don't have time, this is a good recipe for a starter to a good meal.