Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick on the road recipe to serve as a soup or sauce over meat and baked or over pasta, potatoes or rice. For kids cut out the cayenne pepper and no bottled pepper sauce.
- 2 (15 ounce) canshunt Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) canmild diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 cup diced onion (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips
- In large Saucepan, add all ingredients except the milk.
- Simmer, then add milk to mix in and heat, do not boil.
- Serve as a soup with tortilla Chips.
- Pour over pork chops in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- Pour over browned beef stew meat in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- Pour over chicken breasts in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- Note: For any of the roaster dishes you may add mushrooms, diced green peppers, or peeled and cubed sweet potatoes and diced onions if you prefer.
- When you don't have time, this is a good recipe for a starter to a good meal.