Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a quick on the road recipe to serve as a soup or sauce over meat and baked or over pasta, potatoes or rice. For kids cut out the cayenne pepper and no bottled pepper sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hunt Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 cup diced onion (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips
- 1In large Saucepan, add all ingredients except the milk.
- 2Simmer, then add milk to mix in and heat, do not boil.
- 3Serve as a soup with tortilla Chips.
- 4Pour over pork chops in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- 5Pour over browned beef stew meat in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- 6Pour over chicken breasts in a covered roaster and cook 1 hour 350*.
- 7Note: For any of the roaster dishes you may add mushrooms, diced green peppers, or peeled and cubed sweet potatoes and diced onions if you prefer.
- 8When you don't have time, this is a good recipe for a starter to a good meal.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Mexican Pepper Jack Soup/Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 833.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup