Recipe by Donna Matthews
Adapted from a recipe on another site when I needed a quick sauce for Costco tamales.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft. (onion amount may vary from 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
- Add cocoa and cumin and stir over heat until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add tomato sauce and drained chilies and simmer for about 10 minutes. (amount and type of chilies may vary according to how spicy you like your sauce.).