Recipe by Dib's
A very fast, flavor filled corn bread. Great hot with Chili.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
We loved this cornbread. I added some crumbled cooked bacon (4 slices) and about 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper. DH and I enjoyed this so much it was all we ate for dinner that night. Thanks Di for a quick and delicious recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 3⁄4-1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 3 -4 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 -2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cut into smallish chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat ovent o 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Grease a cast iron skillet and pour in bread battter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- **Selfrising flour=1 cup flour to 1& 1/2 t's baking powder to 1/2 t.
- This works with corn meal as well.