1 hr 5 mins
A very fast, flavor filled corn bread. Great hot with Chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat ovent o 350 degrees.
- 2Mix all ingredients together well.
- 3Grease a cast iron skillet and pour in bread battter.
- 4Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5**Selfrising flour=1 cup flour to 1& 1/2 t's baking powder to 1/2 t.
- 7This works with corn meal as well.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Mexican Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.5
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 515.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g