Recipe by lazyme
Here's a good alternative to Spanish rice. Recipe from the Too Busy to Cook section of Bon Appetit. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cumin; sauté 1 minute. Mix in rice. Add broth and frozen corn and bring to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until rice is tender and mixture is slightly thick and creamy, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Add cream and cheese and stir until mixture is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.