Recipe by Cooking CF
A great way to use supermarket pre-cooked chicken. Very little work to prepare. This casserole is always a hit and has just the right amount of kick! You could easily add more with a little hot sauce or seasoned tortilla chips.
Top Review by KP in Canada
Very good...I omitted the wine (didn't have any)and used boneless skinless chicken breasts. This cooked for only 35 minutes. After assembling, I realized I forgot to add the tomatoes!! We ate this with a dollop of salsa. Very creamy and cheesy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked, deboned and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x9x2 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer chicken in pan, Top with onion and 1 cup of the chips and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Mix soup, tomatoes and green chilies, sour crean, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, and wine.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, followed by remaining crushed chips.
- Bake 50 minutes or until bubbly.