Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great way to use supermarket pre-cooked chicken. Very little work to prepare. This casserole is always a hit and has just the right amount of kick! You could easily add more with a little hot sauce or seasoned tortilla chips.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked, deboned and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x9x2 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer chicken in pan, Top with onion and 1 cup of the chips and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Mix soup, tomatoes and green chilies, sour crean, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, and wine.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, followed by remaining crushed chips.
- Bake 50 minutes or until bubbly.
Very good...I omitted the wine (didn't have any)and used boneless skinless chicken breasts. This cooked for only 35 minutes. After assembling, I realized I forgot to add the tomatoes!! We ate this with a dollop of salsa. Very creamy and cheesy.
We made this tonight. We didn't have tortilla chips, so we used nacho cheese Doritos. Very tasty! I'll definitely make this again.