Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe to make on weeknights as it is hands off and easy prep as you just use chicken breasts straight from the freezer. I use the Perdue brand of frozen chicken breasts I buy at Costco.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 cup salsa
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black olives
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- -Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- -Toss the chicken breasts with the salsa and put in 9 x 13 pan.
- -Crush the olives and sprinkle over chicken.
- -Top with the cheese.
- -Bake covered for 35 minutes, bake uncovered for 10 minutes and serve.
I specifically bought a jar of salsa to make this considering that the seasonings would be there in the salsa rather than using homemade or Pico. It stuck badly to the 9x13 pan (glass) that I cooked it in. :( I'm thinking that 400 degrees might be a bit too high? I used thawed chicken breasts and in the intro the posting chef mentions frozen. Perhaps I should have cooked them frozen. Not sure. If I decide to try it again I'll cook it at 325 for the times given. I'm afraid the "burned" won't allow me to accurately rate the taste. :( Made for PAC 2008.