1/2 Photos of Quick Mexican Cheese Enchiladas
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is an adopted recipe. I have updated the recipe to clarify directions. This can also be made with leftover chicken if desired. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2-1 lb grated cheddar cheese, or a blend of your favourite cheeses
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces chopped green chili peppers
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped (including 2 or 3 inches of the stem)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, I use Texas Red Enchilada Sauce Texas Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1For sauce: Combine sour cream, peppers, green onions, soup, and enchilada sauce.
- 2Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 3In each tortilla place a small amount of grated cheese, reserving some cheese for the topping. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour on the remaining sauce, making sure all tortillas are covered.
- 4Sprinkle top with more cheese and bake Enchiladas at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or till cheese is bubbly.
- 5To serve, place on plate and garnish with salsa, sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Mexican Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 545.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g