Recipe by * Pamela *
This is an adopted recipe. I have updated the recipe to clarify directions. This can also be made with leftover chicken if desired. :)
Top Review by Chef Dude
Use fresh boneless skinless breasts sliced and grilled or sauted then add the cooked chicken strips to the inside of Enchiladas with the cheese, then continue. Spice the raw chicken with cumin and or garlic, chili pepper before cooking!
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2-1 lb grated cheddar cheese, or a blend of your favourite cheeses
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces chopped green chili peppers
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped (including 2 or 3 inches of the stem)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce, I use Texas Red Enchilada Sauce Texas Red Enchilada Sauce
- salsa, if desired
- sour cream, if desired
- green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce: Combine sour cream, peppers, green onions, soup, and enchilada sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In each tortilla place a small amount of grated cheese, reserving some cheese for the topping. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour on the remaining sauce, making sure all tortillas are covered.
- Sprinkle top with more cheese and bake Enchiladas at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or till cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, place on plate and garnish with salsa, sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions.