Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Clipped from my local newspaper, posted until I can try. With only 6 ingredients, plus salt and pepper, this delicious and easy meal is on the table in only 30 minutes. Serve with a salad and a side of pasta or crusty bread for a balanced dinner. I'm sure boneless skinless chicken breasts would be good too, but would probably take longer to cook.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 5 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 4-5 cloves)
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet with a lid, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the tomatoes, orange juice, garlic and capers.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 8 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue cooking, turning the thighs once, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
Yum! Love the tomato base with this one. I followed the recipe with a couple of teeny tiny exceptions, one being that I used italian recipe canned tomatoes and two that I used about 1/4 cup of frozen orange juice concentrate and last that I use a garlic press for my garlic. I love the change from sweet chicken thigh recipes and what about those CAPERS? Excellent! Thanks so much for posting, Tee Lee, I will make this one again.
Outstanding is all I can say! I too clipped this from our local newspaper a couple of years ago and stuck it in my file of recipes to try. The other day while weeding through the file I came across this and thought I'd give it a whirl. My wife and I just loved it. A very unique flavor and filling with a side salad and bread to sop up the sauce as the recipe stated