Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a super quick recipe, perfect for a delicious weeknight meal. My family loves these.
- 30 small meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- Place meatballs in an ungreased 1-qt.
- baking dish.
- Combine the next five ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve on rolls.
Very tasty. I used one of those giant bags of frozen meatballs with a double recipe of the other ingredients. I also used less brown sugar. I put the frozen meatballs in the crock pot mixed with the other stuff and cooked it on low for about 5 hours. Yummy!
I knew the sauce was going to be sweet because of the ketchup and brown sugar, so I opted to use 1/2 cup of red onion. I did think that it could use more garlic powder, but that is because I love garlic. I also used turkey meatballs to reduce the fat and calories and served on whole wheat sandwich buns.