1/1 Photo of Quick Meatball Lasagna
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
I found this recipe in the San Antonio Express News in response to a recipe search.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) packages cooked italian-style meatballs, thawed (approximately 60 meatballs)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars smooth-style marinara sauce or 2 (26 ounce) jars your favorite pasta sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, no cook (or traditional, cooked)
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) container light ricotta cheese (fat free ok)
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1Slice thawed meatballs in half.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with oil spray.
- 4Spread 1 cup sauce evenly in bottom of dish.
- 5Place 3 uncooked noodles over sauce.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Place egg in 1-quart bowl and beat with whisk.
- 8Add ricotta cheese to egg and stir well to blend.
- 9Dollop half of ricotta mixture evenly over noodles.
- 10Top ricotta with half of the meatballs.
- 11Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over meatballs and place 3 more uncooked noodles over them.
- 12Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce over meatballs.
- 13Place 3 more noodles over meatballs and pour remaining sauce (about 2 cups) evenly on top, spreading evenly.
- 14Make sure all noodles are well coated with sauce.
- 15Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with oil spray, and cover lasagna tightly, oil side down.
- 16Bake 1 hour at 350ºF.
- 17Remove dish from oven, uncover.
- 18Spoon some sauce from edges over exposed top noodles.
- 19Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses evenly over top.
- 20Turn oven OFF and place dish, uncovered, in oven for 15 minutes more.
- 21Serve at once or remove lasana from oven and let rest (up to 15 minutes) until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Meatball Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 1065.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: