Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Ronzoni pasta box
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I use Newman's Own Marinara)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In large skillet cook meat until browned; drain.
- Add onion; cook until tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, parsley, basil or oregano, salt and pepper; simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
Sometimes you need a push toward something yummy and uncomplicated...well, this was it for me! We loved this meat sauce. I added lots of basil from the garden along with the fresh parsley, and I also put in some chili powder. Thanks for saving dinner tonight!