Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
This makes a nice and quick weeknight meal. It is high in fiber. The recipe is from Family Circle.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat and add crumbled ground beef, peppers, onion and garlic.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions.
- Spoon sauce over pasta.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve.
It's very easy to do. And the sauce smells so good. And I tasted it only today (it was my lunch). It's delicious even if it's simple to do. I used a 28 ounces can of diced plain tomatoes (without sodium). I added dry thyme, dry basil, and dry oregano. About 1 teaspoon of each. I omitted the salt. This sauce could be great with spaghetti or any other pasta. Thanks Lainey. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.