Recipe by Lainey39
This makes a nice and quick weeknight meal. It is high in fiber. The recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by Boomette
It's very easy to do. And the sauce smells so good. And I tasted it only today (it was my lunch). It's delicious even if it's simple to do. I used a 28 ounces can of diced plain tomatoes (without sodium). I added dry thyme, dry basil, and dry oregano. About 1 teaspoon of each. I omitted the salt. This sauce could be great with spaghetti or any other pasta. Thanks Lainey. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat and add crumbled ground beef, peppers, onion and garlic.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions.
- Spoon sauce over pasta.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve.