1/2 Photos of Quick Meat Sauce and Shells
This makes a nice and quick weeknight meal. It is high in fiber. The recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat and add crumbled ground beef, peppers, onion and garlic.
- 2Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- 4Cover and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions.
- 7Spoon sauce over pasta.
- 8Top with shredded cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Meat Sauce and Shells
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 483.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano