Quick Marinara Sauce (How to Boil Water)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with about half of their juices (discarding the rest), the herb sprigs and basil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove and discard the herb sprigs.
- Stir in the salt and season with pepper, to taste.
- Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.