From the show How to Boil Water
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes with about half of their juices (discarding the rest), the herb sprigs and basil and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Remove and discard the herb sprigs.
- 6Stir in the salt and season with pepper, to taste.
- 7Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Marinara Sauce (How to Boil Water)
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1090.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh basil leaves