Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the show How to Boil Water
Make and share this Quick Marinara Sauce (How to Boil Water) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, diced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 (28 ounce) cans canned tomatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with about half of their juices (discarding the rest), the herb sprigs and basil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove and discard the herb sprigs.
- Stir in the salt and season with pepper, to taste.
- Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.