Recipe by Dee514
A tasty, quick marinara sauce for busy nights.
Top Review by RedVinoGirl
Awesome! I've made MANY marinara sauces and this one is one of my fav's! Quick, perfect, tasty.....everything you could ask for. I used dried oregano and double the garlic but followed everything else as stated. Thank you!
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 -3 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped fine (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 12 -15 leaves fresh basil, sliced thinly (I usually stack them and use a scissors)
- coarse salt and black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat deep skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Add oil and garlic and crushed pepper flakes.
- Let garlic begin to sizzle in oil (stir frequently to keep garlic from browning and turning bitter).
- Add tomatoes and crushed tomatoes.
- Stir in herbs and spices and let sauce come to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let sauce simmer 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.