1/1 Photo of Quick Marinara Sauce
A tasty, quick marinara sauce for busy nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 -3 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped fine (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 12 -15 leaves fresh basil, sliced thinly (I usually stack them and use a scissors)
- coarse salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1Heat deep skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- 2Add oil and garlic and crushed pepper flakes.
- 3Let garlic begin to sizzle in oil (stir frequently to keep garlic from browning and turning bitter).
- 4Add tomatoes and crushed tomatoes.
- 5Stir in herbs and spices and let sauce come to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and let sauce simmer 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- 7Serve over your favorite pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 275.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: