Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
A very easy recipe I used in a pinch- I'm glad I found it! From Cottage Living. Note: I also added a little bit of sugar- about 1 tablespoon.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, including liquid
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil (or 1 t. of the bottled kind)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until pale golden.
- Add tomato paste, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomato, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil.