Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from an old school cookbook. This is easy for kids to help with. My 5 yr. old likes to help stuff the shells. You can also make this without the ground beef.
- 8 manicotti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook shells according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Cook beef and garlic, stirring to crumble until no longer pink.
- Drain off pan drippings.
- Add cottage cheese, mozzarella, salt and mayonnaise to beef; stir well.
- Stuff manicotti shells with meat mixture.
- Arrange shells in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine sauce and oregano.
- Pour sauce over manicotti and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover and Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Hey Nicole! This was really easy and turned out perfect. I cooked for people (for me its a big deal) and they cleaned their plates!!! yay me!!! i mean yay you!!!lol.
This simple recipe is very easy on the pocketbook! I used 4 ounces of jumbo shells (13-15 shells) instead of manicotti. Then I individually quick froze the filled shells and put them into a freezer bag to be used later in a quick-to-assemble dish. Thanks!
This was a great recipe for a meal in a hurry. The texture of the filling reminded me of something with cream cheese in it...mmm. I followed the recipe exactly, and I didn't think the mayo added a wierd taste at all. I do think I will use Italian sausage instead of ground beef next time as the filling was a little mild for our tastes, but I WILL make it again! Thanks.