- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in 3 quarts water until al dente, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the flour, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and salt; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Drain pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese before serving.