1/4 Photos of Quick Macaroni and Cheese
Miss Annie's Note:
For a quick but wholesome mac and cheese, look no further. This is a creamy, cheesy dish. Submitted by the Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in 3 quarts water until al dente, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- 3Add garlic and cayenne pepper.
- 4Cook 1 minute over medium heat.
- 5Add the flour, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the milk and salt; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- 7Simmer 2 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to low, and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- 9Drain pasta and add it to the sauce.
- 10Cook 1 minute.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 309.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g