For a quick but wholesome mac and cheese, look no further. This is a creamy, cheesy dish. Submitted by the Vegetarian Times.
- Cook macaroni in 3 quarts water until al dente, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the flour, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and salt; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Drain pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese before serving.