Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very quick low salt version of scalloped potatoes I discovered while being very rushed one night making dinner. Even my wife was amazed this one turned out so good.
- 5 white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 6 ounces low-sodium cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat over to 375.
- Skin potatoes.
- Cut into large thin oval slices.
- Place potatoes on microwave safe plate and cook until tender i just used The potato setting a couple of times.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat slowly heat all remaining ingrediants until cheese is melted.
- Combine cheese mix and potatoes into a lightly oiled pan. I used a large pyrex with lid.
- Mix until potatoes are well coated.
- Bake with lid on for 20 minute.
- Remove lid and place the dish on an upper rack closer to the top of the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Variations: if my kids liked onions i would have used diced onions and for those who want to splurge a little you can always add more white american cheese or sprinkle some on top before placing it in the oven.