Want to make up some limoncello but don't want to have to wait the month+ that most recipes call for? This is the recipe for you.
My Private Note
1 litre ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the lemons carefully, making sure you have none of the white pith on the peel - you want just the yellow.
- 2Put all the peel and 150 grams sugar in a food processor and process until the peel has been finely minced into the sugar. Empty mixture into a wide-mouthed jar, add vodka, and screw top closed.
- 3Put in a dark, cool place. Shake once or twice daily for four to five days.
- 4Make simple syrup by bringing sugar and water to boil in a small saucepan. Let cool.
- 5Strain lemon peel/vodka mixture into another jar. Press on solids to remove as much of the liquid as possible. Discard solids. (if you can find something tasty to do with them, please mail me with the recipe directly ;-) ). Add cooled simple syrup and stir to combine. Pour into a the bottle you will be using.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Limoncello
Serving Size: 1 (1469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2983.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 377.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.3 g
- Sugars 319.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g