Recipe by Honeybeee
A great favourite in my house. Very quick and very easy. Even if I do not have ready chicken stock, I use 1 cube of chicken taste maker for every 2 cups of water and altogether omit chicken. Tastes just as good!
Top Tweak by Charishma_Ramchandani
I doubled this recipe last night and made this for dinner. I omitted the Tabasco sauce altogether as we don't use it. I used Maggi vegetable stock with onions as a substitute for the chicken stock. The major problem with doubling the recipe came when blindly I added the juice of 4 lemons instead of 2 to the soup. I had not tasted the soup before serving. It was too strong in lemon and my family was MAD at me:( I had to add almost 2 cups of water and boil again to make it ok. I'm sorry for giving such a review, but mom gave me one bad time that night.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup French beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup coarsely cut cabbage (1" pieces)
- 1⁄4 carrot, cut in thin rounds
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, cut in wafer thin rounds
- 1 small green chili, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced thin
- 4 drops light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Tabasco sauce, a few drops
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add lemon zest and beans.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the lemon juice and tabasco sauce.
- As soon as the soup starts to boil, remove from fire.
- Add lemon juice and tabaso sauce and serve immediately.