Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A family favorite. A nice change of pace from jarred spaghetti sauce.
Make and share this Quick Lemon Chicken Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (1/2 breast per person)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil (corn or vegetable oil OK)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- fresh basil or dried basil, to taste
- 1 -3 clove garlic, grated or chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- *note:To prepare this dish quickly (about 20 minutes), prep the chicken while the water for the spaghetti heats to boiling, and cook it while the pasta cooks.
- Dice chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper into a bag (a clean plastic produce bag works well).
- Add chicken to bag and shake until well coated.
- Put about 1/8" of oil in a heavy skillet and heat over medium till hot.
- Add coated chicken to the pan, and cook until it starts to brown.
- Stir in lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic and basil.
- Finish with a few shakes of parmesan cheese.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti, with more grated cheese, if desired.
This was a good start, but I took the chicken out after it was cooked and then added the lemon juice and garlic to the pan and I toned the lemon down with about a 1/3 cup chicken broth and I also added parsley too. Once that was all mixed and simmering I added the chicken back in to coat it with the sauce and finished according to the recipe. Soo much better!
Good but not enough sauce for us. I think I would add more sauce and spice it up with some red pepper.