Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This is not Gramma's chicken soup, but it does provide comfort food fairly quickly to someone suffering from a cold. The lemon juice added to the bowl will add just enough tang to make it interesting enough to eat all of the soup.
- 1 small onion, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 carrot, washed,but not peeled and cut into penny size rounds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and diced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 2 cups dry pasta (I like flat noodles)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium size pan, melt the butter in the oil and then saute onions until transparent.
- Add garlic and the chicken.
- Stir until meat turns white.
- Add carrots, basil, and chicken stock, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Add pasta and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- After the soup has been poured into a bowl, add one tablespoon of lemon juice to each serving.