Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Refreshing! Good potluck pick, too!
Make and share this Quick Lemon and Garlic Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dry quinoa (or 1/2 c quinoa & 1/2 c millet)
- 8 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (such as San-J Wheat-Free Tamari Soy Sauce)
- Boil the water in a large stock pot.
- Add salt and quinoa and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain in a strainer (like pasta).
- Prepare dressing in a large bowl.
- Add carrots, seeds, parsley, and cooked quinoa, and toss well.
This was my first time making a dish using quinoa, and it was fantastic!!!! I used the dressing recipe, in which I reduced the oil to 1 tbsp. I prepared the quinoa as directed. For the salad itself I used finely chopped cucumber, diced tomato's seeds removed, and quartered grape tomatos. I added a sprinkle of feta cheese on top of each serving. It was great, the dressing was a perfect combo of flavors and it really made the salad a hit!!!!!Thanks!!!! I just made this salad again, but I omitted the oil completly and added black beans!!! It was great, a complete meal without the added fat from the oil!! Yummy
Nice salad. I liked the crunch of the carrots and sunflower seeds. The only change I made was to cut back on the olive oil. Might be good to also add the lemon zest along with the juice.
This is a nice, light-tasting dressing. I boiled the quinoa 10 min as instructed then added 1 cup frozen shelled edamame and 1 cup frozen corn and boiled another 3-4 min before draining. I also toasted the seeds (used 1/4 cup sunflower & 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds).
This recipe invites all kinds of variations. I think next time I might add just a touch of ginger.