Recipe by The Hoff's
Delicious, Quick Lasagna from my sister Debbie!
Top Review by paul r w
This looks exactly like the lasagna recipe I grew up eating and was passed on to me. My mother says she got it off a Campbell's soup can 40-45 years ago. My family and guests just love this recipe and my father continues to ask for it on his birthday. The only thing I do differently is simmer the sauce for 2-3 hours to let the flavours meld. It is important to simmer on very low heat and stir frequently as the soup wants to stick to the bottom of the pot. FIVE STARS.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb plain lasagna noodle, cooked and drained
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- in a sauce pan brown beef and cook onions, garlic, and oregano.
- add soup, water, and vinegar.
- simmer for 30 minutes.
- then in shallow dish (12x8x3) arrange alternating layers of noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella.
- sprinkle top with parmesa.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- let stand 15 before cutting.