Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy way to make something that tastes like a lasagna that takes hours to prepare, but this only takes half an hour. Great for those quick weeknight suppers. The prep time includes frying the ground beef and boiling the pasta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces noodles (elbows or whatever you like)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Fry the ground beef and boil the pasta ( al dente).
- When beef is done add the cream cheese and work it into the beef.
- When the cream cheese is mixed into the beef well and the pasta is cooked combine all of the ingredients except 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese into a large bowl and mix well.
- Place into a 13x9 pan and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was yummy and a nice, easy dinner. A little too much oregan for my personal taste but next time I will just cut it in half.
I just made this for a quick sunday night dinner with my roommates - it was fantastic and so easy! everybody loved it. I'm definitely not a talented chef by any means and this recipe is hard to screw up, which is great. Thanks!