Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
While not an authentic, this recipe if fantastic on korean street tacos. Its quick and easy and uses ingredients a well stocked kitchen would already have on hand. I like mine spicy so i used 1 tbsp of spicy sesame oil in place of one of the tbsp that were required in the recipe. All ingredients listed are really a guideline. There are as many recipes for Kim Chi as there are Korean mothers. Just mix and taste for yourself and add as you need. Especially when it comes to the sugar. This amount listed will give you a slightly sweet flavor. Add more if you like.
- 1 (15 ounce) canno-sugar-added sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- cilantro (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and adjust to taste. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least an hour, longer is better so that the carrots soften some.