1/1 Photo of Quick Kielbasa-Bean Soup
I got this recipe from my aunt who got it from betterrecipes.com. I adjusted it to our taste buds and it turns out great. It get thicker and tastes even better the next day. I made it a couple of times and used shredded cooked cabbage in in. Another time, I added some drained sauerkraut and it was good that way too. The base for the soup is canned bean with bacon soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces of chunk style hash browns (use half the bag. Use the plain ones)
- 1 (15 ounce) can of sliced carrots, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery (sliced in half moon shapes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Swanson vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces kielbasa, cut in half. slice one half into thin circles and put away the other for another time
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1Cook mushrooms, onion and celery until just tender but still a slight bit crisp.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In dutch oven or large pot, combine the broth with the soups until soup is dissolved and add all the other ingredients except potatoes.
- 4Last, add the potatoes which have been thawed mostly. Sitr in gently.
- 5Simmer for about 10-15 minutes on lower heat (enough to gently bubble the soup).
- 6Serve with Garlic bread or Texas Toast or Rye Krisp Crackers.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Kielbasa-Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 1002.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Swanson vegetable broth