Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Quick Keema Beef Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 (5 ounce) cartons unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 pint stock
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in pan and fry mince to remove most of the fat, drain when complete and put to one side ready for the next stage. Heat remaining oil in a large pan.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and salt and fry until golden.
- Add meat, tomatoes, garam masala, chilli powder, tomato puree, one carton of yogurt and some of the stock to make a dry mixture then simmer for about 1/2 hour or until meat is tender check regularly if mixture is getting to dry add more stock, try to aim for a moist curry not sloppy.
- When you are ready to serve mix in the rest of the yogurt and serve with rice and a sweet chutney.
- You may like some garlic bread or papadams with it also.
- A Favorite with some of my friends Alan.
Thank you, a good simple recipe that works well. We are all crazy about curry and we all liked this.