Recipe by Dustbunni
I love these muffins. I make them fairly often because I always have the ingredients on hand. I especially like them with apricot jam or orange marmalade, but peach jam and strawberry preserves work well too.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 12 teaspoons jam or 12 teaspoons preserves (set aside)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Generously grease or spray muffin tins.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Liquids should be combined in a separate bowl.
- Melt butter.
- To the melted better add the milk, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups about half full with batter.
- Put a generous teaspoon of jam or preserves in the center of each muffin cup.
- Complete filling the cups with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes.