Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these muffins. I make them fairly often because I always have the ingredients on hand. I especially like them with apricot jam or orange marmalade, but peach jam and strawberry preserves work well too.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Generously grease or spray muffin tins.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Liquids should be combined in a separate bowl.
- Melt butter.
- To the melted better add the milk, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups about half full with batter.
- Put a generous teaspoon of jam or preserves in the center of each muffin cup.
- Complete filling the cups with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes.
3 WW points and yummy! I subbed Splenda for brown sugar and used sugar-free strawberry preserves. This is a very versatile revipe that I will be using again!
Excellent recipe and very easy! I didn't have the yogurt so I used sour cream. I also substituted a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon for the jam and made cinnamon coffee cake muffins. The kids ate all but 2 before school this morning! YUM *** Edited today because I didn't have the yogurt or sour cream. I used 3/4 of a cup of milk and just omitted the yogurt. They still turned out perfect! This one is a definite keeper.***
These are the best muffins I have ever had in my life! I mean it! I made them as written except for the plain yogourt. I was only able to get vanilla so I used that. I will do it again too! As we are a family with jam issues, I made them with orange marmalade for me, strawberry jam for the kids and grape jelly for my DH2B. All turned out perfectly. I can't wait to share these with the neighbours! They are going to love them! Thank you SO much for sharing such a perfect recipe!