Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple is the way, the brown and serve sausages and quick-cooking shrimp bring the flavor of authenticity to quick Jambalaya, a traditionally long-cooking dish.
- 8 ounces brown and serve sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 10 ounces frozen shrimp (quick-cooking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice (uncooked)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2-1 cup bell pepper
- Cut sausage into 1" diagnol slices.
- Cook in skillet according to pkg directions; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.