Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
A quick dinner that works well on cold and rainy nights.
- 2 Polish sausage
- 2 cups brown rice, unprepared
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 ounces round steaks, cooked
- 1 chicken breast, cooked
- 2 teaspoons red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the rice as directed on the bag.
- Slice the uncooked sausages, place them in a pot of water and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the rice and sausage is cooking, slice or dice the onion and green pepper and add them to a casserole dish.
- Tear up the bacon, steak, and chicken and add it to the dish.
- Once the sausages are done add them to the dish.
- When the rice is done, add all the spices to the rice and stir well mixing them into the rice.
- Finally add the rice to the casserole dish and mix it into the other ingredients.
- Microwave: Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the dish and heat it in the microwave for 8 minutes on full power.
- Remove the dish from the microwave and serve in bowls or on plates.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the dish in the oven and let cook for 10 minutes.
- The spices can be added to taste or as directed.
This dish took a little longer than 35 minutes but it turned out great! I noticed that this recipe didn't have any tomatoes so I added 1 chopped onion,1 TB tomato paste, and 1/2 c spaghetti sauce. I also didn't have any dill or bacon so I omitted the dill and added leftover ham. Thanks for a great recipe!