Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best served warm with a dollop of cream.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam (or your favourite)
- Heat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Grease 9 holes of 1/2 cup capacity muffin pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix to just combine.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Using a teaspoon shape a hollow in top of muffin and spoon in some jam.
- Bake 20 -25 minutes unti lfirm and golden.
- Whilst still warm you can brush with melted butter and sprikle cinnamon sugar.
The liquid was not enough to form a muffin batter. I had to add an extra 1/3 cup of milk, which formed into a stick cookie like dough, not pourable nor spoonable. They did bake up well, But this is not a cake like muffin. They had lovely doomed tops. Unfortunatly though we found the muffin itself to be very bland except for the jam. We eat it with huge dollops of whipped cream to make up for the blandness.