Recipe by hollyfrolly
Delicious soup that can take any addition of veggie you like--try it with any dark leafy green or leftover frozen veggies that you'd like to be rid of. So delish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing
- 28 ounces tomatoes, canned, chopped with juice
- 24 ounces beef broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup swiss chard, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- shredded cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and brown turkey sausage until no longer pink.
- Add onion to pan and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, canellini beans, broth, water, macaroni, black pepper and red pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Bring to a boil and cook until macaroni is cooked al-dente, about 8 minutes.
- Add swiss chard and adjust seasoning to your taste. Allow chard to cook in soup for about 5 more minutes.
- Enjoy soup with grated hot pepper jack cheese sprinkled on top and crusty french bread.