Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fast, colorful rice dish that goes well with almost anything.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- pepper (white or black)
- In a saucepan, add the rice, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth; stir.
- Bring to a boil, stir; change burner heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash; saute and stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes or just until softened.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the 1/2 cup broth to the rice and stir over medium-high heat until the broth is absorbed.
- Add in the cooked vegetables, cheese, and pepper; stir to mix together.
- Serve immediately.