Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I came up with this recipe after making the boxed kind for many years and I would doctor it up with fresh veggies, so I thought why not just make my own! It's super quick and easy and you can add as much or as many veggies that you like or use your own favorite dressing.
- 1 (12 ounce) boxbarilla tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (16 fluid ounce) bottlekraft zesty fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color will do)
- 3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium red onion (purple)
- 1 small zucchini or 1 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- diced cheese (optional)
- diced pepperoni (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain well.
- Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and onion into bite sized pieces. Place into the bowl you will be using for the salad.
- Cut tomatoes in half and and in half again and deseed. Cut into bite sized pieces. Add to the bowl.
- Cut stem and bottom off zucchini. Shred zucchini and add to the other vegetables.
- Make sure the pasta is very well drained, and add to the bowl.
- Pour salad dressing over pasta and vegetables. Use as little or as much as you like. I think it needs quite a bit since the pasta will soak some up.
- Add the italian seasoning.
- Mix well and chill at least 4 to 6 hours or over night for best flavors. Stirring occasionally.
- To serve top with diced cheese and pepperoni if using.