1/1 Photo of Quick Italian Pasta Salad
I came up with this recipe after making the boxed kind for many years and I would doctor it up with fresh veggies, so I thought why not just make my own! It's super quick and easy and you can add as much or as many veggies that you like or use your own favorite dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) box barilla tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (16 fluid ounce) bottle kraft zesty fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color will do)
- 3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion (purple)
- 1 small zucchini or 1 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- diced cheese (optional)
- diced pepperoni (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain well.
- 2Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and onion into bite sized pieces. Place into the bowl you will be using for the salad.
- 3Cut tomatoes in half and and in half again and deseed. Cut into bite sized pieces. Add to the bowl.
- 4Cut stem and bottom off zucchini. Shred zucchini and add to the other vegetables.
- 5Make sure the pasta is very well drained, and add to the bowl.
- 6Pour salad dressing over pasta and vegetables. Use as little or as much as you like. I think it needs quite a bit since the pasta will soak some up.
- 7Add the italian seasoning.
- 8Mix well and chill at least 4 to 6 hours or over night for best flavors. Stirring occasionally.
- 9To serve top with diced cheese and pepperoni if using.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Italian Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 638.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: