Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful-tasting dish, and easy to make dish. (note: although the noodles from the packaged mix could be added to the mixture without pre-boiling, but I find that they remain hard, it is better to cook them separately, then just add to mixture before serving.)
Top Review by Chef Meaney-DeMarsh
This meal was great! The only change I might make is to add the mozz. later because some melted to the bottom of the pan. Overall it tasted great! Everyone liked it in my house!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta, for lasagna
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups hot water (more for a thinner sauce, less for a thicker sauce)
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with onion and garlic, until beef is no longer pink; drain off any fat Mix in the Parmesan cheese into the beef mixture.
- Stir in ingredients of the Hamberger Helper (do not add the noodles, they are to be boiled separately), water, mozzarella cheese, tomato, bell pepper and oregano.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, adding more water to obtain a desired thickness; simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the noodles from the Hamberger Helper package, until firm-tender.
- Add to the cooked hamberger mixture; mix well.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.