Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Two cans and two minutes later, this delicious side dish will be on the table. Add a can of tuna to cold leftovers and you can have it for lunch the next day.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Combine drained green beans and tomatoes in microwave-safe dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Microwave (uncovered) for one minute or until heated.
- Cover (to keep hot) and serve.
I thought this was ok, but my husband didn't care for it at all... I doubled the green beans and left the tomatoes the same. It would have been helpful to have a ratio for the vinegar and olive oil, but even then I'm not sure anyone but me would have liked it. Thanks anyway, as this was a good experiment to dress up canned green beans. It was just a little too adventurous for my meat and potatoes other half.
Too easy to be so good!! Thanks for posting.
This was an easy, fast, delicious, and healthy side dish! I felt like I was back in Spain. I used fresh cherry tomatoes and aged balsamic vinegar. I think that if I play with the proportion of oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper a little bit, I'll come up with the 5 star recipe you have. Thank you so much for posting it! Saulo